Monday, September 16, 2013

Don't pass on damage pieces!!

How many times how you been in stores and have seen something marked down because it's damaged? Do you walk away from it? Yes? Well don't. Sometimes they are easy fixes and you can save a tremendous amount of money!

I recently was in Pier One, one of my favorite store, and saw this gem, a buffet. It was damaged and marked down to $417.99. Originally priced at $599.95. I got it marked down to $399.99. And I had a coupon for 20% off! It cost me $325 when it was all said and done!!

Then I got to work fixing the damage. Wasn't that hard. This is what I did.



Here is the piece I mentioned. 


That was the original price.


As you can see, it's damaged!


First I tried Old English. 


Didn't work. I can still see it.


Then I tried  Mini Wax Wood Finish stain maker. Not so good either!!



Finally I tried my preferred method (always works for me)


Mixing paint to get the right color and then applying it.


So much better!! Can hardly see it!!


Perfect!! So the next time you see a damaged item, think to yourself, "Can I fix it? Is it a simple fix?" If the answer is yes, then go for it!!



At Abella Home Staging & Redesign, we believe any home can be beautifully transformed. We believe in delivering a custom-made look, but without the custom-made price tag!! Call us and let's get started today!!


2 comments: