Monday, July 21, 2014

Painting Kitchen Cabinet. Is That Taboo?

When I recommend painting kitchen cabinets to my clients, I often hear a grasp, followed by, " Oh no I would never paint wood." I then ask, "Why not?" Their answer most of the time is, "I just don't think you should." But when I show them pictures of "before and after" of painted kitchens, their resolves  starts to dwindle. Pictures "paint" a thousands words. So here are some "before and after" pictures to show you what a difference painting your cabinet can do to your kitchen.












As you can see by these pictures, painting your cabinets can have a dramatic effect!! It can instantly update your kitchen. It is the least expensive way to achieve an updated look. Image how much it cost to remodel a kitchen? Painting is probably a quarter of that expense. When I painted my kitchen cabinets (pictured above) it costed me $4,000. I had gotten quotes on refacing and they wanted $12,000!! And I didn't like the material they were going to use. Since I save around $8,000, that allowed me to add an Island and eventually I added new appliances Think of the money you can save by painting your cabinets! It is a great alternative to remodeling. What do you think?






2 comments: