Thursday, June 16, 2016

Sideboard, Buffet, Servers and Credenza, what is the difference?

Sideboard, Buffet, Servers and Credenza, what is the difference? Do they have the same purpose? When you're shopping and see these items do you wonder, what is the difference?

1. Sideboard - Has short and thick legs, low to the ground. Long and about waist hight. It may come with a hutch.




2. Buffet - Tend to have longer legs. Usually find in dining rooms. If they are place anywhere else, they can be called a sideboard.




3. Servers - Similar to a buffet but smaller, more formal. They tend to be lighter in scale. They can have open bottoms, tall legs. Not much difference between server or buffet.


4. Credenza - The older version had no legs. They were and still can be used in offices. The newer, modern designs now have slender legs, and sliding doors. Think mid-century furniture, as that is when their popularity started.






What do you think? It's kind of confusing right?!! They all seem the same to me. This is how I see it. Servers have short legs. Sideboard and buffet, same thing to me and have long legs, usually have open bottoms. Credenza no legs or slender legs, with sliding doors. Got that?!! Truth be told I still get confused at times!!


#AbellaHomeStaging


At Abella Home Staging & Redesign, we believe any home can be beautifully transformed. We believe in delivering a custom-made look, but without the custom-made price tag!! Call us and let's get started today!!







2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for this information. I have to let you know I concur on several of the points you make here and others may require some further review, but I can see your viewpoint. Abella mayfair review

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful blog! I found it while surfing around on Yahoo News. Do you have any suggestions on how to get listed in Yahoo News? I’ve been trying for a while but I never seem to get there! Appreciate it. Abella mayfair

    ReplyDelete