Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Using shelf paper to repurpose a lamp shade

I used shelf paper to repurpose a lamp shade. Why? Because I couldn't find a lamps shade that I liked. So I thought, "Why not use shelf paper to cover my shade?" This will allow me to choose any color or pattern I like. 

I found a company called Chic Shelf Paper, but there are many companies to choose from. I was able to order the exact size I needed. I really liked that idea, less wastage.

Here is a picture of my lamp shade. It's just white. I wanted to add some color that would co-ordiante with my pillows and sofa. (There my black cat on my cream colored sofa!!)




As you can see, I wrapped the paper around the shade and slowly pulled the backing. The nice thing about this is, it's repositionable so if it starts to go crooked, you can start over agin.



It's a subtle change but it does make a difference in the space. Also the lighting isn't  good in this room.



As you can see it really is subtle, the left is pure white, the right has aqua stripes. But it's just enough of a difference to me.




What I really like about this shelf paper, I can always remove it, and either go back to the white, or go with something total different. The price for one lamp shade was $30. That's equivalent to the price of  lamp shade if you were to purchase it in a store or online. They have so many patterns and colors to choose from. They even have something for kids!!






#AbellaHomeStaging

At Abella Home Staging & Redesign, we believe any home can be beautifully transformed. We believe in delivering a custom-made look, but without the custom-made price tag!! Call us and let's get started today!!







No comments:

Post a Comment