Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Rust-oleum Kitchen Cabinet Transformation

Rust-oleum Cabinet Transformation is one of the best ideas out there for updating your kitchen. My clients are always looking for ways to update their kitchen. This is the product I recommend most of the time. It's inexpensive and you can do it yourself! I have personally used this product and was very pleased with the outcome.





Comes in a Light Kit  and a Dark Kit. Both have many colors to choose from.


This is a picture of my cabinet doors before I painted them. As you can see, they had oxidize and turned a yellowish color. Yuk! Not happy with that.


I took down the doors, but left everything inside the cabinet. That made it very easy!!


I taped all around the cabinets. The first step was to clean them. The kit has everything you need. You must wait a few hours before you can start to paint. It took two paint coats, and I finished with a glaze coat, which is optional. The glaze coat gives it a more antique look. Not really noticeable with the dark color.

It took about 3 days to finish the project, but the transformation was worth it!! I love the way it turned out and it has held up nicely!!




No comments:

Post a Comment