Monday, December 2, 2013

Decorating for Christmas!!

Decorating for Christmas can be a long and daunting task. I know, it takes me three days to complete the look I'm striving for, but the outcome is very satisfying!! Nothing makes it feel like the holiday then a decorated home. Are you ready for the holidays? Are you looking to change your color theme? Last year I went from a more traditional Christmas theme of Red, and Green, to a more contemporary theme of Turquoise, Chartreuse Green and White. I love it. Don't be afraid to change the look of your holiday decoration. Here is a look on how I decorate for the holidays.


My living room. As you can see, I kept the Christmas decor color the same as my living room color theme.



I love to decorate my chandelier by adding more bling!! It sparkles when the lights are turned on!!



I brought this 4' tree last year from Ballards. The perfect fit for this area of the living room.


I even decorated behind the sofa. Sort of "leave no stone unturned"!! Notice the deer theme?!!!


In the dining room, I once again decorated the chandelier. I use tie backs to hold the greenery in place. Don't be afraid to create your own.



Centerpiece for the dining room table. Uh more deer please!!


Using the decor that is already there, I add the finishing touch by adding turquoise gift box, acorns, greenery, and some glitter covered leaves. 


Once again, I use acorn, glitter covered leaves and tiny turquoise ornaments for a pop of color.


When you light the candles in those crystal candle holders, they sparkle!! So pretty!!


Centerpiece for the kitchen island.  Notice how I kept the same color theme throughout?

                                    

I created this piece by putting together branches, white balls and white flowers, to coordinate the colors for the Christmas decorations. This is one of the benefits of creating your own decor. Plus you can custom make it to fit any items you want.


                            



Finally the show piece, the Christmas Tree. All dressed up and ready for it's debut!! 





It's even prettier when it's lit!! It seems to come alive with color!! If you need help decorating, give us a call!!  Happy Holiday decorating!!





At Abella Home Staging & Redesign, we believe any home can be beautifully transformed. We believe in delivering a custom-made look, but without the custom-made price tag!! Call us and let's get started today!!





2 comments:

  1. I love it Carmela! It looks so festive! I wish I had time to do mine, hoping Friday stays open since I have people coming over on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete