Friday, November 1, 2013

Simple Storage Solutions!

There's have been many times when my friends and family have utter these words to me, "Oh my gosh, you're so organized, how do you do it?" Well I have to admit, I love to organize. I know some people may say "You need help!". But honestly, I think they're a bit envious of the fact that I am so organized. So how do I do it? It's easy for me, but maybe not so much for you! But it can be. Once you're organized, it's easy to maintain. It's getting organizes that most people find hard. There are so many storage solutions out there, it easier then it's ever to get organized. 

So how do you get started? Take one step at a time. There are four step to getting organize:

1.  Planning- You have to schedule a time to do this project, so set a time. Even if it's just a few minutes. Just plan to "do it" as often as possible, until the project is done.



2. Sorting- Sort your items into three piles, keep, discard, unsure. The unsure pile is usually the difficult one. Rule of thumb: If you haven't use it in over a year, chances are, you're never going to, so discard it. If this is a problem, I have a solution. Pack these items in a box and set aside. If after 4 months you did not open the box, then those items can be discarded. DO NOT OPEN THE BOX. Simply discard!




3. Shop- Once it's sorted you can go shopping for the containers you will need. Keep in mind your style. Decorative boxes or see-thru containers, you chose.





                   




4. Reassemble- Putting it back can be the tricky part. You may have to go back and fine tune it to get it right. But it's all about convenience and finding the right spot for that item. You want to place these items in the order that you need then the most.




That's the basic conception behind organizing. Any one can do it, however if you feel so overwhelmed and don't want to tackle it, you might want to invest and hire a professional organizer. Once it's done you will feel a sense of peace and harmony and that to me, is worth everything!



At Abella Home Staging & Redesign, we believe any home can be beautifully transformed. We believe in delivering a custom-made look, but without the custom-made price tag!! Call us and let's get started today!!


No comments:

Post a Comment